Education cannot be separated from the rest of life. It is learned from life. It applies to life. It is social.
Yet, for some reason, people are surprised when schools “butt” into the lives of students.
Given the nature of education itself, how can they not?
Instead of wasting energy being indignant over government-funded schools “overstepping boundaries”, why not entrust your children’s privacy and welfare to a scholastic institution with whom you agree and who shares your same values?
If you do not have money to save, you do not have money to burn.
Saving vs. spending and the health of the economy was the topic of my conversation with @sethsimonds today.
I punctuating this pondering by watching Ron Paul at today’s Financial Services Hearing, where he essentially accuses Goldman Sachs of fraud. (Remember my pre-election / bailout post at Nolan Chart, Bad Assets and Band Aids?) :
Just finished reading Paul’s book, “End the Fed”. A review is on my to-do list!
One of the things I miss about living in the US is helping with the nitty-gritty of grassroots politics. Being a precinct leader for Paul’s 2008 campaign and then attending his rally in Philadelphia with my husband, our children, and over 5,000 other supporters, is one of my fondest memories.
Take a moment to click through the buildfreedom link and read the article, there are step-by-step procedures, including a form letter, along with about a half-page of legal helps, to get rid of oneâ€™s SS#.
Follow the steps and see what happens. There isnâ€™t going to be a sweet, gentle, cushy, painless way to do it. Youâ€™re probably going to get quite a fight, and probably be under surveillance of some sort, for the rest of your life. This is a choice youâ€™ll have to make.
* Individual Free-Market Economic Power.
* General information on Social Security.
* The Social Security Act.
* “Comment Upon Voluntary Nature of Social Security” – legal brief by Attorney Larry Becraft.
* Three kinds of TG #s: SSN (Social Security Number); EIN (Employer Identification Number); TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number).
* The structure of the SS# – significance of first three digits – ranges assigned to each state – ranges not used – significance of digits four and five – significance of last four digits.
* How to legally change your SS# – copy of relevant TG policy and procedures.
* How to get a new TIN from the IRS – sample SS-4 form – how to use your TIN number for credit applications.
* How Credit Bureaus identify you.
* How to establish a new credit file.
* The common law name principle.
* The Anthony Hargis method to terminate your SS#.
* Other organizations that help you terminate your SS#.
* General advice on operating without a SS#.
* Several ways to open a bank account without a SS#.
* Bibliography on SS# and identities.
This video from freedomtofascism.com also quite informative. It’s more about taxes than the SSN, so it’s a little off-topic for this post, but I found it during my SSN search and the testimony from juror Marcy Brooks made me want to include this clip. She’s my hero. Taxes and Social Security Numbers go hand in hand.
Regardless of what you think about refusing treatment, listen to the argument at the end for the state trying to take over: “Parents don’t own their children, they are just stewards of their care.” Does this mean the state does own children?
The 13 year old boy does not want chemotherapy. Does that mean that we don’t even “own” ourselves?
“Where will our drowning-in-debt government find the money to make this [bailout] purchase? It’s simply not there. This burden is going to be reshuffled to the taxpayer by way of inflation – because even in 2008, even though “green” investments are en vogue, we still can’t grow money from trees. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The money has to come from somewhere.
Even scarier than inflation, this bad assets solution requires the unconstitutional nationalization of financial institutions. I wonder if the act of Congress will include an amendment? How will Congress legally get away with this otherwise? It will be an entertaining song and dance for sure – the opening act to a muddy Presidential election….
Debt makes for slavery. It makes me have to ask, is there an underlying, perhaps even sinister, purpose to acquiring more debt? If China owns so much of the debt, would they not benefit from pressuring our government into nationalizing the financial institutions? …
Yet Americans are greedily buying into this no-accountability government-to-the-rescue mentality, selling their souls for tax breaks, stimulus checks, and the ability to keep McMansions that they never should have been able to purchase in the first place.”